Sunday, December 8, 2013

DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION REVIEW



As many of you know finding a decent foundation in the drugstore that actually matches your skin tones is hard to do. There is no one at a counter that can color match you and you can't just open the bottles there and put it on your skin.There are numerous factors that you need to keep in mind when choosing a foundation. Do you have dry skin or oily skin? Do you have olive or pink undertones? Since they are reasonably priced you can go with your instinct and try out different ones.

Here's the breakdown in the order that I would place them:

Loreal True Match: HELLO GORGEOUS! For a long time I was a huge fan of the Loreal True Match Lumi, until I found this guy. This is my everyday foundation! Medium coverage with just one layer and full coverage with two. Easily blend-able and with tons of different shades to choose from it is hard to go wrong with this foundation. I would recommend this for warm, cool, or neutral skin tones and also for oily or dry skin. Only con I would give this little guy is it doesn't have a pump which causes too much to pour out.
Loreal True Match Lumi: What I loved most about this product was that it was 40% water which kept me feeling hydrated all day. This foundation is light to medium coverage and easy to apply.  The problems with this foundation is it doesn't stay on all day and it is very luminous so if you have greasy skin stay away! Also in pictures it made you look washed out. Best if used for light to medium coverage and dry skin.

Revlon Photoready: I will only wear this foundation if I am going out at night and I know pictures will be taken. It is medium coverage, doesn't stay on long, easy to apply, and great for pictures It has a matte finish with good pigmentation. I also thought this color would match me pretty well and it actually oxidizes (gets darker/orange with the oils of your skin) a little after you put it on. Still would recommend but only for a night out with pictures. It is too heavy to wear daily.
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1: First impression I really liked this foundation. It has a primer and concealer built in which was nice! It was medium coverage and easily build able to full coverage. I haven't used this foundation for a while and when I went to use it the pump wasn't working right. Also with this foundation I found it to be extremely pink and oxidized quickly. I can never find a Covergirl foundation that matches my skin tone perfectly so I would have to pass on this foundation.
Revlon Colorstay Whipped: This moose like consistency wasn't something I had been used to and I found this foundation to be hard to blend. It is very thick and you need the tiniest amount to cover your whole face. What I did really like about this foundation is it kept me matte throughout my whole 11 hour work shift. The other problems I had was it separated every time I wore it right around my t-zone. I would recommend this for summer time if you like full coverage and matte finish. Best if used with a good primer though. If you have dry skin like me you would need to put a dewy finishing spray over top. I wouldn't buy it again.
Rimmel Match Perfection: NO, just no!!! I am a big fan of Rimmel, I have plenty of their products that I love but I honestly don't know what they were thinking with this foundation. It is very watery, hard to blend, no pump, light coverage, and didn't stay on. I ended up wiping most off because it never sank into my skin. The only pro I would say is that it is the cheapest of the foundations but remember you get what you pay for. Save your money up and buy one of the other foundations!
From left to right: Loreal True Match, Loreal True Match Lumi, Revlon Photoready, Revlon Colorstay Whipped, Covergirl 3 in 1, Rimmel True Perfection.

Hope you enjoyed!

Hugs,
Tara

Disclaimer: I have not been paid by any of these companies to write this review. This is strictly based on my skin type and my own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment