Sunday, January 26, 2014

DRUGSTORE MASCARA REVIEW: L'OREAL

After much anticipation here is my second drugstore mascara review on the lovely L'oreal. I have tried a ton of drugstore mascara and I can easily say that L'oreal is my all time favorite! A great mascara to me will lengthen, volumize, and curl your lashes without flaking or requiring paint thinner to remove. Let me tell you about my lashes so you can get a better understanding of my reviews: I have long, curled, very light (almost blonde on the tips) lashes. If I don't wear mascara you can barely see my lashes and when I wear mascara people think I have false lashes on.
 L'oreal Lash Out Butterfly:
I really really like this mascara. This mascara (for me) does exactly what it says. It gave my lashes that "butterfly" effect. It gave me great length and made my lashes go up and out like a butterfly. Every time I wear this mascara I feel it makes my eyes look elongated. This also did not flake on me and I can easily wear it all day to work.
L'oreal Power Volume Black Smoke 24 Hour:
This is my holy grail mascara. I used this mascara every day for months. When I first purchased it the formula was too wet for my liking and didn't dry fast enough. I kept the lid slightly unscrewed for a day and the formula dried up just a tad and became the perfect mascara for me! This is the brush that I always look for to make my eyes look voluminous. It made my lashes look extremely long and full. It lasts all day yet it was still easy to get off at the end of the night. I also didn't have to worry about it smudging onto my upper lid throughout the day.
L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black:
This was the blackest mascara I have ever used. In the picture is the waterproof one (which I don't recommend because it smudges easily) but the original one is top on my lists of loves. In one application this mascara will give you volume and length. You can easily build this up without looking too cakey.

L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess: ($6.11)
This mascara is the only one I would not repurchase. The wand is very flimsy and large. I did like the short bristles but that was all I liked about this one. If I put more than one coat on it made my lashes look clumpy and stick together. Whenever I would try and brush them out it would still clump. I had to read reviews on this one to see if I was applying it wrong and reviews are all over the place! This mascara might work for you, remember this is just my opinion!

What drugstore mascara is your favorite?

I hope you guys enjoy this review :)

Hugs,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment