Sunday, December 22, 2013

DRUGSTORE MASCARA REVIEW: MAYBELLINE

 After realizing how many mascaras I had from the drugstore I decided to break them up into brands. First up, Maybelline. I am a huge fan of Maybelline, I think that they have a ton of great products out there like color tattoos, color whispers, super stay lipstick and much more. I always go in with really high hopes for their mascara but sometimes they fall a little below average.
 Maybelline Great Lash ($5.19): I know that this mascara has been around for a very long time and tons of people love it. I felt like it didn't give any volume, made my eye lashes clump together, and I wasn't a fan of the small brush. But enough bashing, this mascara has been around since 1971 and something that doesn't work wouldn't have survived this long in such a growing and changing market. Great Lash is the most affordable product in this review and works for a lot of people, let me know what you think in the comments. Personally, I would only purchase the purple color again.

 Maybelline Lash Stiletto ($7.34): LOVE this for length! This mascara is one that I use all the time. It's perfect for making your lashes look natural, long, and not clumpy. Also Lash Stiletto doesn't flake off, smudge or smear onto you eyes. This brush is thin, long and coats every eyelash evenly.
 Maybelline The Classic Volume Express Hydrofudge ($14.99): I find that this mascara is very natural looking and is build able with many coats. I do find that it isn't very waterproof with smudging on your upper eye lid and it flakes off.
Maybelline The Mega Plush Volume Express ($5.94): I was like a kid at a candy store when I first saw this brush. With the first look, it's the exact brush style I always seek out. To my surprise this brush didn't give me the volume that I expected. It's hard to see in this picture, but halfway down the stylus you'll notice there's a "score" or bend in it to allow the stylus to follow the curvature of your eyelashes. The stylus bends way too much for you to get the right amount of coverage onto your lashes. I wouldn't purchase this mascara again.

Hope you guys enjoy and this and helps you purchase the right mascara at the drugstore!

Hugs,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment