Sunday, January 12, 2014

HOW TO: MAKE A MAKEUP BUDGET



A lot of people ask me how I can afford the amount of makeup I have so I thought I would let my tips and tricks be known to the world. I have been known to over spend on impulse buys a lot so I decided to make myself a budget that I would actually stick to. It makes me think a lot more about what I actually want versus what I think I want. 

Tip 1: Set yourself a budget that you can afford. I myself am able to afford $25 a week, which ends up being $100 a month on makeup. I know that this may seem like a lot to some, but like I said pick a budget that fits you.

Tip 2: Find a place to put your saved money. I find if I keep it in my bank account I will spend it.

Tip 3: Save your receipts! This was a big one with me. I would just spend and spend and have no idea how much I actually spent that month on makeup.

Tip 4: Only go on shopping sprees once a month or less. If you're constantly going into Target, Sephora, or Ulta you are more likely to over spend on impulse buys.

Tip 5: Make a list; I have a notepad on my phone and whenever I hear or see a product I really want I put it in my notes. That way it's also in order of what I've wanted the longest. It's easy to delete items once you purchase them.

Tip 6: Organize your makeup frequently and figure out what you actually need more of and what you have too much of. For me it's foundation. I am drawn to newer/better foundations wherever I go; I have one too many in my collection.

Hopefully this helps you guys out a little. I know it keeps me on track. Also, something I didn't mention is that in this budget will include all makeup, skincare, and and hair care products.


Hugs,
Tara

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips :))) I'll start doing these!

    ReplyDelete